Tuesday 23 March 2010

First Wargames factory plastic Zulu


Someone reviewed the plastic Wargames Factory Zulus on The Miniatures Page and, like me, thought they were pretty good.
http://theminiaturespage.com/news/talk/msg.mv?id=947518

Interestingly, he had the same problem as I did in that he couldn't get the arms holding a musket in a shooting position to stay in place. Empress Miniatures don't do Zulus in a firing pose and the Wargames Factory ones don't work so I think I will have to buy the Foundry ones despite their overlarge muskets.


I finished my first Wargames Factory plastic today. I have a few Empress and Foundry figures nearly done too so hope to put a comparison shot up at the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Looking good! One suggestion - if you have a plastic glue with a brush applicator. After attaching the arms - just brush a bit of glue over the seam and it will effectively fill the gap and create a smoother transition between torso and arm.

    Paintjob is great!

    All the best,
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent Zulu...& yup liquid poly works a treat. Doesn't show on these & i like the paint job. The old Airfix guides used 'plasic soup' for conversion work/joins by dissolving plastic sprue gates in a jar of liquid poly tried it once for a conversion & it worked so well use it for 'head swops' merging neck/torso join well on 54mm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips guys! I am still trying to get the hang of these plastics. I am definitely out of practice on polystyrene cement so am building a Spitfire to get back into that whole stringy Sixties thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy. Great blog mate! This is a fantastic inspiration as I'm just getting started on Colonial stuff.

    I'm looking at a combination of Empress and Wargames Factory miniatures much like yourself it seems.

    I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. You say you've played a couple of games with Death in the Dark Continent. How do you rate the rules? How are the units organised and what size? I'm torn between this and TSATF and any advice you can give would be a big help.

    Cheers and keep up the great work.
    Millsy

    ReplyDelete